PhD Positions:The Health Economics and HIV/AIDS Research Division (HEARD) based at the University of KwaZulu-Natal is proudly offering its PhD Positions for the academic year 2020-2021.
Citizens of all African countries are invited to apply for this study award. Female candidates and, in the case of South Africa, those from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, are especially encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 30 January 2020
University or Organization: University of KwaZulu-Natal
Course Level: Master’s Degree
Award: R540, 000
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
The award can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility of the PhD Positions:
Eligible Countries: All African countries.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any Master’s Degree subject offered by the university.
- Applicants must be holding a Master’s Degree in a pertinent subject or a first or upper second class degree together with a track record of professional experience in a health o health-related field.
- Undertake to register for a PhD dissertation (full time) at the University of KwaZulu–Natal (UKZN).
- Students make a commitment to remain on the African continent for at least TWO years after graduation.
How to Apply for the PhD Positions:
- How to Apply: Applicants need to take admission to the university. After taking admission, all students automatically considered for this study program. Applicants in the process of completing a Master’s degree will not be considered. The first scholarship tranche will be released on proof of PhD registration and the opening of a South African bank account.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have submitted a letter of motivation and CV, a certified copy of your ID/passport, Two letters of reference, Certified copies of both your academic qualifications and your full academic records,
- Language Requirements: Applicants must comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT wo) on the sub-score of speaking skills.